Guidelines for Preparation of
On-Line Application for Grants
the Christian R. and
Mary F. Lindback Foundation
On-line discretionary grant applications for the Fall cycle are available.
The deadline date is September 15, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Renz at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE TRUSTEES WILL ACCEPT ONLY THOSE APPLICATIONS ACTUALLY RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE MARCH 15th @ 5:00 P.M., FOR THE SPRING SEASON, OR SEPTEMBER 15th @ 5:00 P.M., FOR THE FALL SEASON.
Generally speaking, the Trustees of the Lindback Foundation make discretionary grants for the initiation or support of the following:
- A project which can reasonably be expected to be accomplished by a single grant in a relatively brief period of time
- New proposal requests are accepted once per calendar year. In the case of an ongoing multi-yr. grant, a successful applicant must wait until the multi-yr. grant has been completed.
THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT, EXCEPT IN THE RAREST INSTANCES, MAKE GRANTS FOR:
- Projects beyond the limits of the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Creation of or additions to endowment.
- Medical or scientific research.
- Projects for the construction, renovation or acquisition of physical facilities (real estate or buildings; or equipment or supplies, except in cases where the equipment or supplies are merely incidental to the primary purposes of the project).
- Projects which will likely entail grants from the Foundation beyond a period of three years or which may not reasonably be expected to be self-supporting thereafter.
- To applicants respectively year after year.
- To individuals for scholarship or research purposes.
- For special interest advocacy through legislative lobbying, focused litigation or solicitation of governmental agencies.
APPLICATIONS TO THE FOUNDATION FOR GRANTS FOR SPECIFIC PROJECTS SHOULD INCLUDE IN DETAIL THE POINTS DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
On-line applications are now being accepted. It is requested that any applicant for a grant provide the following
- NAME AND ADDRESS OF APPLICANT
- IRS TAX I.D. #
- PROJECT TITLE
- STATEMENT CONTAINING PROJECT DESCRIPTION AS WELL AS THE FOLLOWING:
- the need to be met;
- method by which program will be carried out;
- will project be completed at the end of the term of the grant period; or will it then be self-supporting, or
supported from other sources?
- AMOUNT OF THE GRANT REQUESTED AND THE TERM (MONTHS)
- CLASSIFICATIONS (geographical area/program area)
- LIST OF OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS
- ITEMIZED BUDGET
- TAX CERTIFICATIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- copy of Ruling from the Internal Revenue Service stating that the applicant as named is tax-exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) and noting the tax I.D. number;
- copy of Ruling from the Internal Revenue Service stating agency is not a private foundation.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL STATEMENT. Please supply a certified financial statement unless your organization is newly formed, in which event there is a grace period of three (3) years. If your organization is not able to supply a certified financial statement, please explain why.
- ADDITIONAL SUPPORT. Whether support has been, or is being, requested of other foundations or sources, and if so, the source and amount of any commitments.